NAME: Dr. Tara Devi Sen Thakur
DATE OF BIRTH: 19 Jan, 1982.
PLACE OF BIRTH: Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
SPOUSE: Dr. Sanjeet Singh
Dr. Tara Devi Sen Thakur
Asstt. Professor in Botany
Govt. P.G College Mandi
Himachal Pradesh – 175001
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile: + 9857879790
My Guide and Mentor
Scientist-G, Scientist In-charge (Himachal Regional Centre)
Address: G.B.P.N.I.H.E.S.D., Himachal Unit, Mohal-Kullu, Himachal Pradesh, India.Phone: (Code: +91-1902) 260208, 260313 Fax: 260207 Mobile: +91-9816316318
2. My Mentor
Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
164/3 Jail Road, Mandi HP 175001.
01905-222810; 9418181323; [email protected]
- He brought me out from pure academics of the subject and initiated me to get connected with people through popular articles on local wild growing food plants. My forthcoming book, “SOME WILD EDIBLE PLANTS OF THE WESTERN HIMALAYAS” written in joint authorship with him and being published by IIT, Mandi, several newspaper articles on wild growing edible plants and even this web site is the result of his advice and continuous encouragement.
AREA OF RESEARCH:
Ethnobotany and Biodiversity conservation with special focus on wild Food Plants. Activities undertaken are
1, Community awareness programmes for women (Mahila Mandal & SHGs) and school children’s for sustainable utilization of resources specially wild nutritional & medicinally important food plants by field visits to schools & remote areas of HP India
2, Community awareness through print and social media.
- Actively involved in People Biodiversity Register Preparation of 5 blocks of Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh India,
- Engaged in nursery raising, plantation & distribution of important wild food plants.
- Revived traditional dishes of wild edible plants with modern twist.
- Engaged in social welfare and environment conservation by engaging students (Rotaracts)
- Revived traditional dishes of wild food itemswith modern twist.
- Initiated online marketing of local & traditionally processed food items and encouraged SHGs to suastainbly use wild food items to generate income
- Initiated a slide making unit for Miss Ravina a student of MSc, Botany 3rdsem along with Rise- up Foundation.
- Capacity building & women empowerment (With Rise- Up Foundation Mandi Donated a High-Tech Knitting MachineFor Women of Ritik Self-Help Group & Deputed 4 SHG to participate & sell wild food items in exhibition organised by DEST HP.
Ph. D from Department of Botany, Kumaun University Nanital, Uttarakhand (2014)
M.Sc in Environment science from Sikkim Manipal University (2008)
M.Sc in Botany from Jiwaji University Gwalior (2004)
B.Sc from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla H.P (2002)
Senior Secondary from H.P Board of School Education Dharamshala, H.P (1999)
High Secondary from H.P Board of School Education Dharamshala, H.P (1997)
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT: Qualified State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) (Accredited by UGC New Delhi)
- PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR of Research Project entitled “Traditional Processing of Wild Edible Plants of Six Tehsils viz Kotli, Mandi Sadar, Sunder Nagar, Padhar, Joginder Nagar, Thunag & Chachoit of Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh, , Their Medicinal Nutritional & Economic Potential Plus Value Addition by Analyzing Scope for Latest Processing Techniques.” Allotted and Funded by DST (Department of Environment and Sciences), Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
- PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR project entitled “Withania somnifera: Awareness for Cultivation and optimum utilization in Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh for boosting health and immunity”, from National Medicinal Plants Board,Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India,
Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS),
Assistant Professor, Department of Botany, Vallabh Government College Mandi H.P (10 th June 2010 –Till Date)
1.Worked as a Facilitator in Mid Himalayan Watershed Project (2006 – 2009)
(Worked for upliftment of both human and non human resources (Animals, Water, Land, Forest) of watershed. Four department Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal husbandry and Forest worked as a unit under a umbrella for upliftment of community, flora and fauna, Played a pivotal role in framing SHGs, User Groups for biodiversity conservation, sustainable utilization of resources and livelihood promotion,)
2. Assistant Professor, Department of Botany, at SVPU Mandi H.P ( 20 Oct,2020 to July, 2023_
3. Warden, Girls Hostel, Govt. P.G College Mandi (June 2015 – 2022)
Research Paper Titled “Diversity, Endemism And Economic Potential of Wild Edible Plants in Rissa khad Watershed of District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.” Published in Journal of Non-Timber Forest Products, Vol. 20 (2) : 155-164, 2013.
Research Paper Titled “Diversity, Distribution And Indigenous Uses of Medicinal Plants in Rissa Khad, Watershed of District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.” Published in Journal of Non-Timber Forest Products, Vol. 20 (3) : ,
Research Paper Titled ” Diversity, Nativity and Sustainable Use of Forest Flora of Watershed Rissa Khad” Published in Asian Journal of Advanced Basic Science 5(2), 74-84, 2017.
Research Paper Titled ” Fuel Resource Of Watershed Rissa-Khad In H.P. India, Their Diversity, Assessment And Utilization Pattern For Conservation And Management” Published in International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, Vol. 8, Issue, 11, pp. 21580-21586, November, 2017. ISSN: 0976-3031
Research Paper Titled “ Ethnobotany plus Nutritional, medicinal, economical potential and sustainable use of Rhododendron arboretum spp. arboreum in watershed Rissa-khad of Distt, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India. Published in IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences (IOSR-JPBS) Volume 12. pp 64-68;e-ISSN:2278-3008, p-ISSN:2319-7676; 2017.
Research Paper Titled “Threat Categorizations and Conservation Prioritization of Floristic Diversity of watershed Rissa-khad for Socio-economic Development” Published in Published in International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, Vol. 8, Issue, 12, pp. 22516-22522, December, 2017. ISSN (Print): 2454 – 7492
ISSN (Online): 2347 – 4114
Research Paper Titled “Diversity, Distribution, Nativity And Utilization Pattern Of Fodder Species In Watershed Rissa- khad, H.P. India” Published in International Journal of Current Advanced Research,Vol 7, Issue 1(D), pp 8974-8978, January 2018. ISSN: O: 2319-6475, ISSN: P: 2319-6505,
Research Paper Titled “Nutritional, Medicinal and Economic Potential of Khanor (Aesculus Indica) For Socio-Economic Development of Tehsil Thunag of District. Mandi Himachal Pradesh, North West Himalaya.” in IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT) e-ISSN: 2319-2402,p- ISSN: 2319-2399.Volume 14, Issue 2 Ser. II (February. 2020), PP 15-20
Research Paper Titled ” ECONOMIC,EDIBLE AND MEDICINAL POTENTIAL OF TINOSPORARA CORDIFOLIA FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF WATERSHED RISSA-KHAD,DISTRICT MANDI OF HIMACHAL PRADESH” Administrative development ‘ A Journal of HIPPA, Shimla” Vol 7No1 (2020). pp,319-333.
Research Paper Titled ” Traditional use and role of wild edible fern Diplazium esculentum and Pteridium aquilinum in socio-economic development of District Mandi of Himachal Pradesh, North Western Himalaya,: in International Journal of Scientific Research in Biological Sciences, Vol.7, Issue.6, pp.44-50, 2020.
Research Paper Titled : “Role of Wild Food Plants in Culinary Tourism Development of District Mandi Himachal Pradesh,” International Journal of Scientific Research in Biological Sciences, Vol.7, Issue.6, pp.14-38.2020
Research Paper Titled “Diversity, Distribution, Nativity and Indigenous Uses of Crop Wild Relative of District Mandi Himachal Pradesh and Their Potential in Crop Improvement Programme”.International Journal of Scientific Research in Biological Sciences, Vol.8, Issue.1, pp.108-121, 2021
. Research Paper Titled “The Role of Wild Food Plants of Himachal Pradesh in Boosting Immunity to Combat COVID-19“. in Journal of Scientific Research in Medical and Biological Sciences (SRMBS), vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 23-62, May 2021.2(2), 23-62. https://doi.org/10.47631/jsrmbs.v2i2.238
Research Paper Titled ” Some Ethnomedicinal Plants of Western Himalayas Useful in Making Local Alcoholic Drinks”. inJournal of Scientific Research in Medical and Biological Sciences, 2(3), 75-103. https://doi.org/10.47631/jsrmbs.v2i3.309
Research Paper Titled ” THREATENED PLANTS OF TUNGAL VALLEY. NORTH WESTERN HIMALAYAS:THEIR DIVERSITY, DISTRIBUTION, INDIGENOUS USES AND NEED OF CONSERVATION. in World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences wjpls, 2021, Vol. 7, Issue 10, 120 – 132.
Research Paper Titled ” PAST AND PRESENT STATUS OF DIOSCOREA DELTOIDEA; A HIGHLY THREATENED WILD MEDICINAL PLANT IN NIHRI TEHSIL OF HIMACHAL PRADESH, NORTH WESTERN HIMALAYAS” World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences wjpls, 2021,Vol. 7, Issue 12, 14 – 25.ISSN 2454-2229
Research Paper Titled “Domestication of some nutritionally important wild edible plants of Mandi Himachal Pradesh, North Western Himalayas for boosting health, immunity, rural prosperity and food security” in International Journal Of Tropical Agriculture 2021,Vol. 39, Issue 1-2, 87-108.ISSN 0254-8755.
Research Paper Titled “DOMESTICATION AND CONSERVATION PRACTICES OF DIOSCOREA DELTOIDEA, HEDYCHIUM SPICATUM, POLYGONATUM VERTICILLATUM, ANGELICA GLAUCA AND DACTYLORHIZA HATAGIREA FOR BOOSTING HEALTH, SUSTAINABILITY AND RURAL PROSPERITY’ published World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences wjpls, 2023, Vol. 9, Issue 11, 85-96.
Full Paper ‘in Conference Proceedings “Distribution, Nativity and traditional uses of Taraxacum officinale, its Medicinal,Nutritional and Economic Potential for Socioeconomic Development” Published by Pratibha SpandanLong View, Jutogh, Shimla 171008 Himachal Pradesh, India.ISBN 978-81-945576-2-3 (eBook)
Paper Presented in 3 rd Annual National Conference on Science: Emerging Scenario & Future Challenges –III Organized by Him Science Congress Association, 11-12 April, 2015, Vallabh Govt. P.G College Mandi, H.P.
Paper Presented in INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on “Science: Emerging Scenario and Future Challenges” 11-12 June, 2016, Dharamshala, H.P.
Paper Presented in National Conference on “Higher Education: Issues and Challenges” organized by Himachal Government College Teachers’ Association on 18-19 September, 2015, at Hotel Peterhof Shimla, H.P.
Paper Presented at national level conference at Govt College Dehri, titled “Diversity, Distribution, Nativity and indigenous uses of Genera Euphorbia in Rissa- Khad Watershed of Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh”. 9th March, 2019.
Presented Paper and Stood first at International Conference titled” Nutritional, medicinal and economic potential of Genus Euphorbia at watershed Rissa-khad” from 10 to 12 August 2019 at V.G.C. Mandi.
Presented Paper at International conference on “Distribution, nativity and indigenous uses of Taraxacum officinale, its medicinal, nutritional and economic potential for socio-economic development of watershed Rissa -khad of Distt, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India” at HPU Shimla from 9 to 10 September 2019.
Presented Paper a at International Symposium on Plant Taxonomy and Ethnobotany Botanical Survey Of India (BSI) kolkata titled asTraditional uses and role of Ficus auriculata and Ficus racemosa for socio- economic development of watershed Rissa -khad in Distt. Mandi of Himachal Pradesh on 13-14th Feb, 2020.
Participated in 1 st State Level Conference Hosted by Department of Economics Govt. College Sarkaghat, Distt. Mandi (H.P) 27-28 February 2012.
Participated in Workshop on Word, Power Point & Internet at Vallabh Govt. P.G College Mandi, organized by Department of Computer Science VGC Mandi, H.P.
Attended a Seminar on Consumer Protection & Empowerment organized by Govt. College of Teacher Education, Dharamshala (H.P) at Govt. P.G College Mandi in Collaboration with Centre for Consumer Studies, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
Paper presented at International Conference on Progress of science and Technology during Pendemic organised by Him Science Congress assocation on Threatened plants.
Paper presented for domestication of Wild Food Plants at International Conference on Agriculture, Horticulture and Food science organised by society of Tropical agriculture.
Participated in Climate Change Conclave -2021 organised by DEST HP India as a expert delegate. on 18th Dec. 2021.
Co-author of UG level text book Titled ” Biodiversity” by Truemen’s Publication
Co-author of UG level text book Titled” Plant Anotomy & Embryology” by Truemen’s Publication
Author of book titled “Some Wild Edible Plants of Western Himalayas Volume -II”
Author of book titled ” An Illustrated Guide To Some Wild Growing Food Plants Of The Sub Himalayan region.”
Co-author of book titled ” Some Wild Edible Plants of Western Himalayas by IIT Mandi Publication.
Author of book titled “उप हिमालयी क्षेत्र में उगने वाले कुछ विशिस्ट जंगली खाद्य एवं औषधीय पौधे। ”
CHAPTER IN BOOK:
1.Contributed a chapter“ Boosting Health and Immunity During COVID-19 by Using Wild Food Plants as a Food and Food Supplement” in book titled,” COVID-19, HUMAN HEALTH AND NUTRITION.” ISBN: 978-93-5473-518-9.
2. Contributed a chapter”Medicinal effects and Tourism potential of Wild edible flowers of District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh” in book titled,”Local Food and Community Empopwerment through Tourism(Volume1, published by Eurika pPublications. ISBN:978-93-91260-29.
3. Contributed a chapter” Wild Edible Plants of District Mandi of Himachal Pradesh, their resilience against stress and climate chamge to ensure food security, climate resilient and sustainable agriculture” in book titled Environmental Issues, Challenges and mitigation Measures In Himachal Pradesh published by GBPNIHE Mohal Kullu
4.Contributed a chapter”Climate Resilient Wild Edible Succulents of Mandi Himachal Pradesh, Their Indigenous Uses and Role in Socio-Economic Development of the Region’ in book Economics and Policy of Energy and Environmental Sustainability published by Springer.
Organizing secretory of an International Conference on” Natural resource management for socio-economic development of Western Himalayas ; Opportunities and Challenges” from 10 to 12 August 2019
Organizing secretory of one week national level workshop in botany department of Vallabh Government College Mandi; since 14 May to 21 May on “Nursery and gardening techniques of medicinal and ornamental plants” in collaboration with department of forest.
Organized one day workshop on Biodiversity conservation programme along with G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development Himachal unit Mohal-Kullu on March 2017.
Organized a one Day Workshop in collaboration with RCFCNR-Jogindernagar on value addition of Medicinal Plants for members of Self Help Groups working in Gohar Block of District Mandi HP on 27, Feb, 2022
Organized a one Day Workshop in collaboration with RCFCNR-Jogindernagar on cultivation, processing & marketing of Medicinal Plants for members of Self Help Groups working in Sadar Block of District Mandi HP on 28, Feb, 2022
Organized one day on :Self Reliant India Through New Education Policy” on 6th March, 2021 at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Cluster University Mandi..
Delivered 16 lecture as resource person in conferences, seminars and training programme of state and national level.
YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
You Tube channel Dr. Tara Sen Thakur is uploaded with 350 plus videos related to Plant science, wild food plants recipes and community awareness programme for sustainable utilization and harvesting of wild food plants. .
NEWSPAPER ARTICLES: 200
Patent Filed: 04
- Recipe for herbal Burans Tea.
- Recipe for Value added Sepu-badi (With addition of Kalanchoe pinneta & Euphorbia hirta)
- Recipe for Value added pasta (With addition of (Tinospora cordifolia & Euphorbia hirta)
- Recipe for Amla-lukath (Phyllanthus emblica & Eriobotrya japonica ) herbal Tea.
Attended four weeks Orientation Programme at UGC-HRDC HPU Shimla, Since 8 th May, 2017 to 3 rd June, 2017.
Attended two weeks refresher course on Plant taxonomy and Ethnobotany at MDU Rohtaksince 7 th Oct, 2018 to 21 st Oct, 2018
Attended three weeks interdisciplinary refresher course on women empowerment at UGC-HRDC, Banglore, since 26 th Feb, 2018 to 19 st August, 2018.
Attended two weeks Induction Training Programme since 17 th August, 2013 to 31 st August, 2013.
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC BODIES:
1. Member of editorial board of International Journal on Environment, Development and Sustainability
2. Member, Him Science Congress Association
- Received honour from Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Minister of Himachal Pradesh Shri Virender Kanwarji on 19th Sept. 2020.for active involvement in preparation of People’s Biodiversity Register of District Mandi of Himachal Pradesh during Corona period.
2. Received honour from DIG Mandi HP INDIA Madhusudan Sharma Ji as a Corona Warrior for awaking community to use and sustainably harvest immunity boosting wild food plants on 23 Foundation Day Celebration of ABVP,
3. Received honour from INTACH for conservation of TK related to wild food plants of Mandi on Nov. 14, 2021.
4. Received honour from Art of living Women club Mandi on International Women’s Day 2022 for community services.
5. Child welfare department released annual calendar of most powerful women of state (HP) on International women day 2021 and placed at No 13.
6. Child welfare department displayed my picture in opening ceremony of International Shivratri Fair Procession in their special van titled “ Beti hai Anmol”
7. Renowned writer of Mandi HP Shri Dinesh Dharmpaul dedicated his 65 th book & fift literary Gadmay Padha work “ Pratikar” as a honour for the social work done to upliftment of nutritional status of rural women.
8. Received honour from Hon’ble Governor of HP Shri .Shiv Pratap Shukla ji organized by Sunil Upadhyay Education Trustfor
- Received Special Jury Mention for Indian Biodiversity Award 2021 in Sustainable Use of Biological Resources category & Individual Sub-category.
2. Received FSIA- Real Super Woman Award 2021
3. Received Young Scientist Award 2021 from The Society of Tropical Agriculture New Delhi India
4.Received Fox clues India Prime Women Icon Award 2022
5. Received Focus Himachal award, 2023 in field of Education
6. Received 2nd Prize in HP State leadership Award 2021-22 from Honourable CM of HP Shri Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu jzzzzz
7. Received National Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Teachers Award 2023 at Bhiwani from Yuva Jagriti Evam Jan Kalyan MissionTrust Bhiwani.